In 1941 a German electrical company started preparation works for building a power station in a town of Łagisza near 14th-century Będzin. In the location several barracks were built for future wokers, some of them got surrounded by barbed wire and watchtowers along the fence.
First Auschwitz prisoners (302 people) arrived to the new sub-camp in September 1943. The number rose to probably 600 later the same year. They lived in 4 barracks where they slept on triple-decker bunks. According to their testimonies, food served there was even worse than in other parts of Auschwitz complex.
Except the prisoners working in the sub-camp, there were also Polish labourers and local residents building the power plant. The sub-camp prisoners were working on building railway siding, demolishing buildings or unloading transported materials.
Despite the possibility that some prisoners may have remained in Lagischa until January 1945, most of them were transferred to other local sub-camps in September 1944.